Finally, as soon as some good spring weather arrived, I’ve been able to shot a short Ev3 Tracked Explorer video.
The Ev3 Tracked Explorer is a tracked rover built with Lego Mindstorms and Lego Technic parts. The firmware running on the Ev3 brick is the ev3dev firmware with Python bindings. The main rover features:
- Tracked rover with simple but effective suspensions system.
- Remotely controlled over Bluetooth network, or WiFi Network.
- “Radar like” telemetry of obstacles detected by the Ev3 Infrared sensor.
- You can drive with a PlayStation4 gamepad.
Have a look at the video below!
And if you like and would like to try it your self, follow these steps:
- Build the Lego model with these building instructions or download the file to build it offline.
- Download the rover program from GitHub.
- Download the remote control application for you PC.
- Have fun!
Please note that these instructions are just the rough procedure, so I will publish a more detailed procedure as soon as possible.